A town forum to discuss “A Healthcare Conversation: Minnesota Style,” will be held Monday, Oct. 9, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Stillwater Middle School auditorium at 523 Marsh St.
The free forum will be moderated by the League of Women Voters White Bear Lake Area and also is sponsored by the Saint Croix Valley Women’s Alliance. The public can ask questions of a panel that will include:
• Andy Slavitt, former acting administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services under President Obama;
• State Sen. John Marty, DFL-Roseville, former chair of the Senate Health Committee and author of the Minnesota Health Plan, a single payer plan;
• Matthew Eastwood, chief executive of Canvas Health and a former health insurance executive;
• Kathleen Picard, health policy and practice consultant and policy adviser for the American Physical Therapy Association;
• State Sen. Jim Abeler, R-Anoka, chairman of the Human Services Reform Finance and Policy Committee, and a chiropractor.
Health care ‘conversation’ held Monday in Stillwater